Where is good for frames? September 14, 2020 14:14
We get asked a lot where to go for frames, and what frames we use in our photography, so I thought it was about time I wrote a quick blog post all about frames!
I've listed below 8 places I'd recommend:
1. Nielsen - my personal favourite, a really sturdy and quality purchase. I like the pearl matt. You can find Nielsen frames on best4frames.co.uk.
3. John Lewis - the 'House' range is good if, like me, you love contemporary, clean lines
5. TK Maxx - always good for a rummage around!
6. H&M Home - great for a wooden frame.
7. IKEA - we like the Lomviken, but be aware that IKEA use perspex not glass in these ones.
8. Your local framers if you want to support independent!
And there you have it! We use Nielsen or the IKEA Lomviken in the majority of our photos. It's always worth double checking measurements on each frame; most places also give measurements with and without mount, depending on the kind of look you want to go for.
We will soon be offering framing services ourselves after many many requests - watch this space!